In a 3- page analysis paper, address the following:
- Describe the type of service you have selected.
- Briefly explain the related laws that govern the practice of the selected service.
- Discuss the specific ethical standards (at least three) that are in place for direct service providers or human services agencies providing the selected service.
- Identify and discuss at least one potential conflict that might arise in work under these standards if they were different from the agency's policy or direct service provider's own moral standards.
For assignment 2 use these instructions down below to complete it.
From the studies, particularly the article about changes to the Minnesota sex offender program, think critically about the judge's order for Minnesota to change its sex offender civil commitment procedures, and identify an aspect related to the issue that you would like to collect additional solution-oriented information on. Changes to sex offender civil commitment practices will have implications for all criminal justice disciplines (law enforcement, courts, and corrections).
Select one criminal justice discipline, and locate a library article that addresses solutions and avoidance strategies for sex offender civil commitments from that perspective.
For example, some avoidance strategies may include intensive supervision programs that may include parole/probation staff or law enforcement, creation of specialized housing that may involve changes to correctional practices, and additional screening of offenders that may involve specialized courts.
Sex offender civil commitments may require intensive supervision programs that may include parole/probation staff or law enforcement, the creation of specialized housing that may involve changes to correctional practices, and additional screening of offenders that may involve specialized courts. Changes to sex offender civil commitment practices have implications for all criminal justice disciplines (law enforcement, courts, and corrections).
In this week's discussion you located and paraphrased the main points from a library article that addresses strategies to deal with a growing concern related to sex offender civil commitment policy. For this assignment, you will incorporate the same article to help complete your essay. Be sure to paraphrase at least one concept from your article while addressing the requirements for this assignment.
The essay must be 250-350 words!! Use the format down below!!
Paper 2 Introduction
Background on Civil Commitments
Strategy Used to Address Civil Commitments
Focusing on the competencies, and to showcase your learning proficiency, write one to two paragraphs related to each course competency, the importance of this learning, and the application of the learning in a career context. Be sure to clearly label each competency and to include this information for each competency.
The competencies for this course are:
1. Apply information literacy skills to obtain credible criminal justice research.
2. Apply criminal justice principles to topics in criminal justice.
3. Apply ethical principles and standards to criminal justice issues.
4. Analyze scholarly information and research findings through critical thinking to solve problems in criminal justice.
5. Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for criminal justice professionals.