Systems’ thinking allows an explicit understanding of social systems in the same way that engineering principles allow an understanding of mechanical systems. An HR strategy should view the organization as one system with the main goal of developing a plan for a value-added competitive advantage.
Describe the variables you will now consider as you examine how systems thinking has evolved and influenced HR and the workplace, and/or other appropriate references in a 2-3 page APA 6th ed. formatted paper (not counting the title and reference page) using the following checklist to formulate your Unit 5 paper:
1. Briefly describe systems theory and the advent of systems thinking.
2. Describe historical events or factors that have influenced systems thinking.
3. Discuss how these historical factors have influenced:
b) human resources,
c) you as an individual.
4. Explain the advantages and disadvantages that systems thinking have demonstrated in the workplace.
5. Reinforce your personal opinions with at least two credible or scholarly research articles
a. Create a two to three page paper in APA format – 12 pt. font, double-spaced, indented paragraphs, citations, reference list, etc.
b. Include introductory and summary paragraphs.
c. Limit the use of direct quotations – instead, paraphrase and cite the author's work.
d. Reinforce your personal opinions with at least two credible or scholarly research articles
e. Demonstrate your understanding of the weekly objective(s) through your response.
f. Ensure that a response to each question of the case study is included within your paper.