Compensation and Benefits
Michele needs your help with the current compensation and benefits plan for Lollipop Company, Inc. She expects you to use your evaluation skills, combined with or built upon your knowledge, application, and/or analysis skills, to help solve her dilemma. Michele feels the current plan is fair but several employees have complained it's not enough. Her current employee status are as follows:
a. 1 CEO with a base salary of $150,000 and benefits that equal 40% of the salary
b. 3 additional executives (senior management) with a combined base salary of $300,000 and each receives benefits that equal 35% of the salary
c. 6 middle management personnel with a combined base salary of $420,000 and each receives benefits that equal 30% of the salary
d. 10 first-line supervisors with a combined base salary of $500,000 and each receives benefits that equal 25% of the salary
e. 150 non-supervisory employees with a combined base salary of $4,500,000 with an average individual salary of $30,000 and each receives benefits that equal 25% of the salary
For this project assignment on Lollipop Company, Inc. complete a minimum four page business professional report selecting and organizing expert information that is useful for a CEO and see the following concepts:
1. Search for a minimum of 4 articles covering the topics of FMLA and workplace safety. Conduct academic research using the library's databases.
2. How would market research provide information about compensation and benefits when designing a compensation and benefits plan? How should Michele use this market research for her own plan?
3. How does Michele achieve a balance between financial and non-financial compensation and benefits?
4. What type(s) of primary and secondary research would you recommend Michele conduct? What are the benefits? Explain.
5. Remember to integrate citations accurately and appropriately for all resource types; use attribution (credit) as a method to avoid plagiarism. You should follow the APA format.