ASSIGNMENT - Argumentative Essay
Many businesses and organisations are shifting away from traditional, autocratic and hierarchical modes of leadership towards models which focus on teamwork and community.
Servant Leadership is a better model of leadership. Discuss.
The task word discuss is defined as presenting the case for or against a particular proposition and demonstrating weaknesses in the opposing argument. It is expected that other leadership theories are considered when writing your response.
Present a point of view of your own. This is likely to entail both description and interpretation. Your opinion should be supported by arguments and evidence.
ESSAY GUIDELINES -
An introduction that:
- sets out the context/background of your argument;
- introduces the content of the essay;
- introduces the theoretical perspectives you will be using;
- may define key terms (alternatively you can do the work of defining terms in the second paragraph);
- sets out your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention; and
- explains how the essay will be organised (order of points).
A body containing several paragraphs, each of which will:
- present a topic sentence or central idea supporting your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention;
- contain developing sentences which extend on or amplify the topic sentence;
- give evidence/examples/references that support/relate to your topic sentence; and
- provide a concluding/linking sentence.
A conclusion, which:
- restates your thesis statement/line of argument/central contention; and
- summarises the points and evidence you provided to support your thesis.