Write a 750-1,000-word paper that addresses the following:
1. A definition of screening, assessment, and treatment plan
2. What is the assessment process for identifying addictive disorders?
3. What considerations must be made for choosing an appropriate assessment tool?
4. A general overview of the substance use disorder criteria according to the DSM.
5. A discussion about the potential problems that can arise when a counselor relies solely on the diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM for treatment planning.
6. Include at least two examples of commonly used substance use disorder assessment tools.
7. Discuss the need for crisis management when working with a client.
8. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
When writing the paper, consider using the following level-one APA headings to help organize the content:
2. Assessment Process
4. General Overview of Criteria
5. Potential Problems
7. Crisis Management
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.