Project Assignment- Legislative Action
For your course project you will examine policy and planning management within the healthcare field. This project will focus on policy issues at the state and federal level. You will research and analyze topics and use key principles to create unique communication plans.
Rasmussen Healthcare Systems is a leading medical care company that focuses on healthcare solutions for all. Rasmussen Healthcare Systems owns a variety of healthcare facilities and for this course you will assume the identity of a leader at one of these facilities. You are able to choose from any of these positions, but keep in mind that your research will need to be geared towards the type of position and facility you choose.
· Hospital Director of Admissions at Rasmussen Region Hospital
· Office Assistant Administrator at Rasmussen Region Hospital
· Clinic Manager at Rassy Family Care Clinic
· Nursing Home Administrator at Golden Age Nursing Home
Healthcare policy has been a critical aspect of political administrations over the past 100 years. Understanding the political process and how healthcare policy has changed over the past century is an important start.
Part I: Write a 2 page paper analyzing a minimum of one legislative action that would have an impact on the position and facility you selected. Make sure to include the following:
a. Discuss the purpose of the legislative action.
b. Describe the problem/problems that the legislative action is trying to solve or prevent.
c. Discuss other viewpoints or opposing viewpoints of the action.
d. This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of three credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don't forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting)
e. Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Part II: Memos are not a thing of the past. Many organizations use memos as a way to share important information. Write a standard memo to your supervisor highlighting the key points of each arena (Hint: Microsoft Word has many memo templates). SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products. Make sure to include the following in your memo:
a. Discuss why you feel the legislative action chosen best coincides with the position and facility that you've chosen.
b. Discuss your stance on the chosen legislative action and how it impacts the core beliefs and ethics of the facility you that you've chosen.
c. Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your memo. Remember, you are writing to your supervisor. Also, remember to use correct formatting for a business memo.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.