Assignment: Elements of a Contract
Suppose that the Fabulous Hotel hires you as head chef under a two-year employment contract. After two years, another hotel wants to hire you. However, in the original employment contract you signed with the Fabulous Hotel, the following paragraph appears:
"The below-signed agrees not to work as a chef for another hotel in the same metropolitan area for a period of two years after leaving our employ."
• Describe and analyze the five elements of a contract that must exist for this agreement to be enforceable.
• Explain why this contract is governed by common law or the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
• Examine at least two circumstances in which this non-compete agreement would be unenforceable.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.