Assignment: IT Security Policy Framework
Establishing an effective Information Technology Security Policy Framework is critical in the development of a comprehensive security program. Additionally, there are many security frameworks that organizations commonly reference when developing their security programs. Review the security frameworks provided by NIST (SP 800-53), ISO / IEC 27000 series, and COBIT. Assume that you have been hired as a consultant by a medium-sized insurance organization and have been asked to draft an IT Security Policy Framework.
You may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a three to five page paper in which you:
1. Select a security framework, describe the framework selected, and design an IT Security Policy Framework for the organization.
2. Describe the importance of and method of establishing compliance of IT security controls with U.S. laws and regulations, and how organizations can align their policies and controls with the applicable regulations.
3. Analyze the business challenges within each of the seven domains in developing an effective IT Security Policy Framework.
4. Describe your IT Security Policy Framework implementation issues and challenges and provide recommendations for overcoming these implementation issues and challenges.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.