Research Paper Assignment
This assignment will be one of several throughout the Ph.D. program that we use to help you prepare for the dissertation process. One of the core competencies necessary to succeed in a doctoral program is the ability to identify other research that pertains to your own. This means you will identify similar research, read the papers, and assimilate prior work into your research. An annotated bibliography helps you develop and hone these research skills.
Annotation is not the same as an abstract. Abstracts are descriptive, but Annotations are to be evaluative and critical. Provide detail information on how you perceive the paper. This exercise will help you to demonstrate that you can identify, categorize, and digest multiple research papers. Every resource you choose must be peer-reviewed. That means the paper must have undergone a formal peer review before being published in a journal or presented at a conference. You must ensure that your resources have undergone rigorous reviews. In most cases, you can find out the review process for a conference or journal by visiting the appropriate website OR by selecting "peer reviewed" articles on the online database. Do not simply assume that a resource is peer-reviewed - check it out.
Research Paper Details:
1. Develop a total of seven Annotated Bibliography research paper showing annotations that are descriptive and critical; explaining the author's point of view, authority, or clarity and appropriateness of expression.
2. The annotated bibliography will specifically focus on the topic: Simulations for policymaking.
3. All papers used must be "peer reviewed" articles and must address how IT is used to model behavior for policymaking.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.