Flower is a modified stem evidence:
Evidences to confirm that flower is a modified shoot:
1. The place of flower buds and shoot buds is similar, that is, they are axillary or terminal in location.
2. In several plants, the flower buds are transformed into vegetative buds or bulbils, example: Agave, Onion, and so on.
3. In several plants, the thalamus lengthens to form a vegetative branch or another flower over the first flower, example: Rose.
Figure: Evidences to confirm that flower is a modified shoot
4. In Nymphaea (that is, Water Lily), the flowers exhibit all transitional stages among a sepal and petal and among stamen and petal.
5. In Gynandropsis gynandra, thalamus lengthens and exhibits long internodes among the floral organs.
6. In rose, the sepals are identical in morphology to leaves.
7. In Degeneria, the stamens are prolonged similar to leaves and the carpels come out like folded leaves without distinguishing into style and stigma.
8. The anatomy of thalamus, pedicel and stem exhibit close similarities. The vascular supply of various floral appendages looks like the vascular supply of ordinary vegetative leaves.
Latest technology based Biology Online Tutoring Assistance
Tutors, at the www.tutorsglobe.com, take pledge to provide full satisfaction and assurance in Flowers, Fruits and Seeds homework help via online tutoring. Students are getting 100% satisfaction by online tutors across the globe. Here you can get homework help for Flowers, Fruits and Seeds, project ideas and tutorials. We provide email based Flowers, Fruits and Seeds homework help. You can join us to ask queries 24x7 with live, experienced and qualified online tutors specialized in Flowers, Fruits and Seeds. Through Online Tutoring, you would be able to complete your homework or assignments at your home. Tutors at the TutorsGlobe are committed to provide the best quality online tutoring assistance for Biology homework help and assignment help services. They use their experience, as they have solved thousands of the Biology assignments, which may help you to solve your complex issues of Flowers, Fruits and Seeds. TutorsGlobe assure for the best quality compliance to your homework. Compromise with quality is not in our dictionary. If we feel that we are not able to provide the homework help as per the deadline or given instruction by the student, we refund the money of the student without any delay.
Start Excelling in your courses, Ask an Expert and get answers for your homework and assignments!!