Your organization is planning to deploy SQL Server 2012 on two (2) servers as a production database. You have been asked to outline the steps required to implement these servers into the existing network, with the knowledge that 500 users will be connecting to these servers daily. Use the Internet to search for information pertaining to SQL 2012 installation and planning.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Create a list of items that your organization should consider prior to the installation of the SQL servers.
- Review the available SQL 2012 editions (e.g., Standard, Business, Enterprise, Express, and Web and Developer). Recommend the edition of SQL 2012 that your organization should deploy based on the usage. Justify your response. (Hint: Remember to consider scalability into the decision).
- Determine the minimum hardware requirements, and specify the maximum resources necessary to ensure availability and scalability.
- Provide a synopsis of any potential installation and configuration issues and suggest a viable approach to mitigate such issues to ensure the success of the installation.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.