You are required to develop and write a marketing plan for the new product ‘Abi's' mango compote to be launched nationally. This is a challenging assignment and it is recommended that students read various academic materials before writing this report. You will be expected to have consulted books, at least 10 relevant academic journal articles, conference proceedings, theses and dissertations to write the report (i.e. support your arguments with theories). It is alright to come up with some fictitious (but reasonable) assumptions about Abi's business to make your report more interesting.
Students can follow the following report structure to write the marketing plan:
- title page;
- executive summary;
- table of contents;
- introduce the background information necessary to understand the organization and the product/service you have chosen;
- present the aim and objectives of the report
- present a brief literature review on ‘marketing plans' (500-800 words);
- do a situation analysis;
- analyse the target market;
- set marketing objectives, formulate a marketing strategy and present the action programs designed to achieve the business objectives;
- write on the implementation and control of the marketing plan;
- write the conclusion and
- list the references.
To enhance the presentation of your assignment, you can use many headings and sub-headings used to specify the information required for each of the above criterion. The assessment marking criteria below should guide you for this assessment task, in particular the weighting attributed to each section of the assignment.