Research is important in the field of counseling and psychology because it can help us to understand the profession, shed light on the theories and concepts, and to determine if the application of theories and concepts actually improve mental health. Research is the best mechanism for determining if something is effective and if so, what parts and why.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about the importance of research in the field of counseling.
Include the following in your paper:
1. The relationship between research and counseling
2. The roles and responsibilities of researchers in the counseling profession
3. At least two scholarly resources to support your paper
TEXT for class,and to use as one of your references on homework questions and papers: Read Chapters 1-3 of Essential First Steps to Data Analysis: Scenario-Based Examples Using SPSS, by Parke, from Sage Publications, Inc. (2013).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.