Each paper will be at least 10 full pages in length but no longer than 25 pages in length (do not number or count the title page, the pledge page, the contribution page, the abstract, table of contents or the bibliography.)
You are allowed a maximum of 30 minutes for each oral presentation. No points for an oral presentation will be given if not done by the end of the last day of class. You may use appropriate visual aids, such as video, slides, the overhead projector, PowerPoint, charts, written handouts, etc. Provision of the necessary hardware for such presentation is solely your responsibility.
The paper and oral presentation will be a group project by a maximum of 2 students. Each student must include a description of his/her own contribution in order to receive credit for the team's project. The instructor must approve your choice of the problem in advance. You may use the sign-up sheets to reserve your choice after approval by the instructor.
REVERSE ENGINEERING OF A "C++" PROGRAM OR WRITE A "C++" PROGRAM TO SOLVE A COMPLEX PROBLEM IN AN APPROPRIATE ENGINEERING FIELD
Each team of 1 or 2 students will choose a different "C++" program in their appropriate engineering field for a reverse engineering exercise. The "C++" program must be at least 200 lines of codes. The second option is for the students to write a "C++" program that solve a specific problem in their field. The students must get the approval from the instructor before they can start writing codes to solve the problem.
In either options, the final paper must have the following elements in this order:
1. Name(s), date, and course name/number on the title page
2. Plagiarism Pledge page
3. Group Contribution page
4. Abstract page (1 or 2 paragraph summary of the paper)
5. Table of Contents page
6. Sections a to e (listed below) which will be numbered
7. Bibliography page
Only the following sections count in the page limits:
a. Identify the application: name, physical location, and etc.
b. Description of the application and brief history
c. Presentation of your reverse engineering solution: "C++" codes, outputs, pseudo codes, and etc.
d. Recommendations for improvement (if any)
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.