Review Case Working With Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Trauma: The Case of Brenna and response belowin a 3 page:
1. What specific intervention strategies (skills, knowledge, etc.) did you use to address this client situation? I used reflective listening and reframing to assist Brenna in setting goals and determining her unmet needs. I used knowledge of local systems and social service agencies to provide referrals and to secure needed services.
2. Which theory or theories did you use to guide your practice? I utilized systems theory.
3. What were the identified strengths of the client(s)? Brenna's strengths were her resiliency and self-sufficiency. Brenna viewed her desire to provide a better future for her child as a strong motivating factor for changing her life.
4. What were the identified challenges faced by the client(s)? Brenna lacked a familial support system and network of friends, and she was socially isolated. Upon entry to the shelter, she lacked medical care, employment, income, and housing. Brenna also struggled with difficulty reading and writing. Brenna had experienced trauma and violence in her past and would be raising her child alone.
5. What were the agreed-upon goals to be met to address the concern? Brenna and I agreed to secure medical care, a housing plan, and a source of income. Brenna also set goals to improve her mental health.