D1 Read George H.W. Bush's Gulf War Address. Once all reading is complete, respond to the following:
· Although most of this speech focuses on Iraq and Kuwait, what domestic issues does President Bush also address? How are those issues linked to the situation in Iraq?
· Which counties does Bush identify specifically as working closely with the United States? Why might he focus on these countries?
· Ultimately, according to Bush, why is intervention in Kuwait necessary?
You are required to submit an initial posting (200 words minimum) that addresses the items above.
D2 Using a minimum of 200 words, address the following:
· How did the United States get into the first Gulf War in 1991?
D3 Using a minimum of 200 words, address the following:
· Why did the United States go to war in Iraq?
· What criticisms emerged over the American conduct of war in Iraq?