Reflection Paper Assignment
Length & Guidelines
Each question must be responded to with around a half-page of text including complete and well-formed sentences. Certain questions will require more or less to fully articulate a response(200-225) words per answer. Bulleted lists may be included but may not make up the entire answer. When responding to a prompt requiring an article review the response to the review portion must be at least 1 full page. Your response will likely require additional length to provide a quality response.
Chapter 7: Strategy and Technology
1. Describe standardization, format wars, and how standardization can lead to a format war.
2. Once standardization occurs, how does the industry benefit?
3. During a format war, describe how competition occurs and how a price war can take shape.
4. Define first and second movers. How do these two entities interact within and industry, and who learns what as the industry takes shape?
Chapter 8 Questions: Strategy and the Global Environment
5. Why do companies go global? Once a company has decided to go global what entry modes could the company leverage to break in to the global market?
6. What additional benefits from economies of scale does a company receive from going global?
7. Describe the main strategies available to an organization going global. Describe why each strategy may be chosen.
8. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different entry modes a company can use to break in to the global market?
Case #17 Uber Driving Global Disruption
9. How has Uber's entry, where successful, changed the economics of the local ride for hire market? Who benefits from this?
10. What is Uber's growth strategy?
Text Book: Strategic Management Theory- An Integrated Approach by Charles W. L. Hill and Gareth R. Jones, EIGHTH EDITION.q
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.