Assignment: Article Critique Public Health
Many weeks in this course follow a similar pattern. You begin the week by studying a statistical test. Next, you complete Assignment, applying that test using datasets that are provided in the context of a research question that you pose. As you master the skills related to the test, including how to run the test in SPSS, you engage with your peers in the Collaboration Lab. The final activity in most weeks, including this week, is an Article Critique, in which you search the Walden Library for research that applies the test you studied.
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real-world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to moderation.
• Review the Article Critique Assignment Guide in the Walden Library, listed in this week's Learning Resources.
• Search the Walden Library for a quantitative article that applies moderation testing.
Write a 2 page critique of the research you found in the Walden Library that includes responses to the following prompts:
• Why did the authors use moderation in their multiple regression model?
• Do you think moderation is the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
• Did the authors display the results in a figure or table?
• Does the results table stand alone? In other words, are you able to interpret the study from it? Why or why not?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.