Choose one of the patient scenarios below. Next, complete a rapid assessment, and provide a SBAR report to a classmate. Remember to include all concepts of patient safety, standard precautions, and professional standards.
1. You are covering for a coworker who is off the floor for lunch, when you suddenly hear a loud crash coming from a nearby patient room. You quickly run in and discover Mr. Johnson who was admitted yesterday with a diagnosis of cerebral vascular accident (CVA) unconscious on the floor between the bed and the bathroom.
2. You are called to the room of 2-year-old Jonah by his mother who states the child has suddenly started breathing very loudly and does not look right. Upon entering the room you quickly recognize that the child is in respiratory distress as his lips are cyanotic and the use of accessory muscles is evident.
3. You are in the process of admitting Ashley, a 27 year old who is 28 weeks pregnant with her first child, to the obstetric unit for complaints of headache, dizziness, and swelling of her lower extremities when she suddenly begins seizing.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.