Assignment: HP's Boardroom Drama and Divorce
Case: HP's Boardroom Drama and Divorce.
In your case essay (700-1,000 words) and answer the following questions:
1. Who is to blame for HP's shareholder-value destruction-the CEO, the board of directors, or both? What recourse, if any, do shareholders have?
2. You are brought in as (a) a corporate governance consultant or (b) a business ethics consultant by HP's CEO. What recommendations would you give the CEO, Meg Whitman? How would you go about implementing them? Be specific.
3. Why is HP splitting itself into two firms, a move that was rejected just three years earlier? Do you think the corporate strategy move of splitting the "old" HP into two companies (HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise) will create shareholder value? Why or why not? Which of the two companies would you expect to be the higher performer? Why?
4. Discuss the general lessons in terms of corporate governance and business ethics that can be drawn from this case.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.