In a 2-page paper, explain how the following items might or might not be relevant in a trial for possession of cocaine where the defendant does not testify and the evidence comes from a police officer who arrests the defendant on a warrant for delivery of cocaine and the drugs are found in his pocket.
1. The defendant's two prior convictions for possession of cocaine.
2. The police officers disciplinary record for having called in sick and then being found by his supervisor at the movies working an off-duty job.
3. The grounds for which the arrest warrant was issued.
4. The certification, or not, of the laboratory technician who tested the drugs.
5. The fact that the location of the arrest was in close proximity to a school were the defendant's child attended.
For purposes of this Assignment, the original warrant case was later dismissed because the drugs from the delivery case were inadvertently destroyed before they were tested by a crime lab.
List the rule of evidence and case law, if any, to support your answer.