Project Assignment: Porter's Five Forces
While a SWOT analysis focuses mostly on the internal mechanisms within a company, Porter's Five Forces examines the larger economic factors that influence a company's potential success. For your final project, you are going to work in teams of 1, 2, or 3, choose a company and analyze their potential for success using Porter's Five Forces.
Here are the five forces:
· rivalry among existing firms
· threat of new entrants
· threat of substitute products or services
· bargaining power of buyers
· bargaining power of suppliers
These are the headings you will use in your paper. You should have at least one page of writing and analysis per force.
At the end of the semester you are going to present your findings to the class in a 10-15 minute visual presentation. It is recommended to use PowerPoint or Prezi, but any kind of visual representation is fine. Please do not show any videos during the presentation. It should be your words, not someone else's.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.