Assignment: Conflict/Negotiation Styles
For the Unit I Assignment, you will complete two parts:
Part 1: Complete the Negotiation Style Self-Assessment located here. Once you have completed the self-assessment, write a response that includes the following:
• A description of your conflict style results
• How you feel this information can be useful to you as you negotiate with others
• When your style is appropriate and inappropriate
• What bargaining tactics you prefer
Part 1 must be a minimum of one full page in length. Note that you do not need to submit your completed self-assessment. Part 1 of your assignment is to provide only the description of your results, as detailed above.
Part 2: For the second part of this assignment, you will explain when negotiation is appropriate. Please explain the following points:
• When you should negotiate (including a specific example)
• When you should not negotiate (including a specific example)
• When mutual adjustment occurs and what part it plays in negotiations.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.