1. If you had isolated ferrocene from diethyl ehter on the roto-evaporator, what would be the problem with leaving it under vacuum for an extended length of time to remove excess solvent?
2. Why is it necessary to seal the capillary tube before taking a melting point of ferrocene?
3. What is sublimation? How does sublimation differ from vaporization? How does sublimation differ from evaporation?
4. Explain why the process of sublimation, as used in this lab, is analogous to distillation.
5. Why is it necessary to "thoroughly" dry the container in which you perform the sublimation process?