Read the "Case Study Analysis."
Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
1. Bowen Family Systems
Write a 750-1,000-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
1. What concepts of the theory make it the most appropriate for the client in the case study?
2. Why did you choose this theory over the others?
3. What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
4. Is the theory designed for short- or long-term counseling?
5. What will be the counselor's role with this client?
6. What is the client's role in counseling?
7. For what population(s) is this theory most appropriate? How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client?
8. What additional information might be helpful to know about this case?
9. What may be a risk in using this approach?
Include at least three scholarly references outside of the course textbook in your paper.
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to "APA Headings and Seriation," located on the Purdue Owl website for help in formatting the headings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion
Throughout the course, you have studied and written about a number of counseling theories that are used as the basis for the counseling profession. In this paper, choose a theory and compare it against each of the following three theories:
1. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
Choose a theory that you have studied in this course. Do not choose one of the three theories listed above.
Compare your selected theory against the three theories listed above.
Write a 1,500-2,000-word paper discussing your theory comparisons. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: Selected Theory
1. Founding theorist(s) for the selected theory
2. Standard interventions for the selected theory
3. At least three main concepts of the selected theory
Part 2: Cognitive Behavior Theory (CBT)
1. Founding theorist(s) for CBT
2. Standard interventions for CBT
3. Similarities and differences between your selected theory and CBT
Part 3: Solution-Focused Theory
1. Founding theorist(s) for solution-focused theory
2. Standard interventions for solution-focused theory
3. Similarities and differences between your selected theory and solution-focused theory
Part 4: Psychoanalysis
1. Founding theorist(s) for psychoanalysis
2. Standard interventions for psychoanalysis
3. Similarities and differences between your selected theory and psychoanalysis
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.