Assignemnt: Understanding and Coping with Change
Change is everywhere, yet very few people seem to embrace the concept. We are, for the most part, creatures of habit and follow daily routines. When change occurs, our activities and thought patterns are disrupted.
Write a four- to five-page APA formatted paper (excluding the title and reference pages), using a minimum of three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook, analyzing the internal and external factors contributing to an individual's resistance to change.
Describe a situation where you or someone you know was resistant to change as identified in one of following areas:
2. Lack of understanding
3. Lack of trust in management
4. Differing assessments of the need for change
5. Low tolerance for change
Explain whether the resistance to change was caused by an internal or external factor. Using Kotter's theory for change, provide a plan for overcoming that resistance. What will be done and how will you know that the plan has worked?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.