Assignment: Recruitment: Disparate Treatment and Adverse Impact
The staffing process involves generating a pool of qualified candidates for a particular job (recruitment) and deciding which of the applicants to hire (selection). The staffing process can occur with external as well as internal candidates. With internal candidates, the terms "promoting from within," "career ladders," and "succession planning" are frequently used.
Whether selecting from internal or external candidates, industrial organization (I/O) professionals must be aware of unintended, potentially illegal effects on groups of individuals who are not recruited or selected.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, research the topics of employee recruitment, disparate treatment, and adverse impact. Choose a recent (within the past five years) scholarly, peer-reviewed article related to these topics.
In your response:
· Describe the article.
o What was the main purpose?
o What were the key ideas and information included?
o What conclusions and areas for further research were suggested?
· Analyze the effect of disparate treatment and adverse impact on the recruitment process.
· Justify three best-practice guidelines to help ensure that disparate treatment and adverse impact are avoided in recruitment activities.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.