Choose one of the listening examples, which are embedded in Chapter 2 "Early Western Art Music" of the course e-text and in the Lesson. (Music from the Middle Ages or Renaissance only, no Dylan, Baez, or Cash, etc.) After listening, address the following 6 questions:
• How did the music make you feel? Why?
• What was the mood of the music? Why do you say that?
• How would you move your body to the music? Why did you choose that movement?
• What facial expression would you associate with the music and why?
• Did the music make you think of a specific person, place or thing?
• What did you picture in your mind while listening? Why?
At the end of your response include one or two words you would use to describe the following musical elements of your chosen listening example: melody, harmony, texture, and rhythm.
Include an explanation of why you selected those terms to describe your chosen composition. Refer to Chapter 2 in the course text for a detailed explanation of these important musical terms.
Initial posts must be 250+ words, using correct grammar and spellcheck, posted by Thursday 11:55 p.m. ET each week. Part of the requirement for a substantive post is to bring something new to the conversation. Read the forum prompt and fully answer it, demonstrate understanding of the lesson/content, include evidence from firsthand experience, reference to the course materials, and apply what you're discussing to work, life, and reality.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.