For this assignment, read the following articles that detail the case of Denise Ezekiel, the former payroll director for the Massachusetts State Police (MSP) who plead guilty to fraud charges (article links below). Although the amount of the loss to the MSP was relatively small as compared to other fraud schemes, there were still ramifications associated with this fraud.
McGovern, B. (2018, April 20). Staties detail claim of theft vs. agency's payroll boss. Boston Herald (MA).
Smith III, L. P. (2018). Victimization of the Massachusetts State Police. Fraud Magazine.
Based on the facts as presented in the articles and what you have learned in this module, address the following issues:
1. What types of fraud were committed by Ezekiel?
2. How did this fraud affect individuals, organizations, and society?
3. Evaluate Ezekiel as a fraud suspect. Does she fit the profile of a fraudster? Why or why not?
4. Explain why she committed fraud as explained by the Fraud Triangle and Fraud Scale?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.