1. Evaluate the characteristics of e-commerce.
2. Demonstrate effective use of technology for communication.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of an e-commerce Web site.
4. Explain the security and threats in the e-commerce environment.
5. Analyze basic concepts of consumer behavior and purchasing decisions.
6. To apply critical thinking by the students.
- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- The word count for this assignment must be between 2000 to 2500 words.
Assignment Objectives & Requirements:
1. To create a new E-commerce business, which is located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which include the followings:
a. Introduction about your business.
b. Product and type of services.
c. Business statement.
d. Business vision.
e. Business objective.
2. To explain your business E-commerce processes.
3. To apply a SWOT analysis to your business.
4. Building the E-commerce website.
a. How it will look likes in terms of design and format (draft).
5. Student is required to explain its E-commerce system functionality, such as:
a. The product menu will show all the product we have in stoke.
b. The contact button will have all the company contact details, social media links Facebook, Instagram, etc.
6. System design (Picture attachment).
7. Determine the suitable software and hardware needed with an explanation on why it's needed.
a. What type of functionality needed in your website, such as CRM?
b. What type of hardware needed? Do you need a server or it will be in the cloud?
8. Identifying security issues as well as how to avoid it.
a. What type of security? To whom or to what?
b. Potential threats to your website?
9. Categorize marketing and advertising strategy and method.
b. Marketing method.
c. Social media.
d. Local marketing.
e. Multichannel marketing.
10. Describe what are the ethics and laws within your E-commerce Website.
11. Conclude your report.
There are eight different important factors in e-commerce website design, which are:
- Ease of Use
- Redundant Navigation
- Ease of Purchase
- Multi-Browser functionality
- Simple graphics
- Legible text.
Topic: Go to an e-commerce website of your choosing and evaluate its effectiveness according to the basic criteria mentioned above.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.