Case Study:Meet Stella...
Stella is a 25-year-old female who strongly identifies with the prevalent dominant culture. Because of this, she loves fashion, style, and clothes.
However, since turning 18, Stella has noticed that it is harder and harder for her to lose any weight she puts on. Consequently, she spends many hours every day thinking about how to lose weight and looks in the mirror at least 20 times per day obsessing over her size and shape. To make matters worse, Stella's relationship with her family is often negative and she has only a few close friends to confide in.Stella's classmates describe her as sometime strange and very socially awkward. She often starts trendy crash diets, but ultimately ends up overeating and then feeling guilty for her failure. Because of this guilt Stella often exhibits an outward depressed and/or angry mood. Even Stella's doctor says she is at a very normal weight for her age, but deep down inside she lives in constant fear of gaining more and more weight, as time goes by.
The purpose of this case study is to give you experience in applying course material to "real-life" situations and to examine issues relating to Health Psychology principles.
First, view/read background information on Stella; then, in 250-500 words, do the following:
1. Describe what (if any) eating disorder Stella is at risk for developing and what factors might be contributing
2. Describe symptoms her family/doctor should look for to determine if she has developed an eating disorder.
3. Explain what treatments might be effective in treating eating disorders. You should identify psychological treatments in addition to other types of interventions. For example, your discussion of treatment should not solely be "monitored by a dietician." You must include psychological interventions.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.