Select one of the following cities:
· Cozumel, Mexico- a comparatively new city that was essentially designed and built from scratch
· Savannah, Georgia-and old coastal city that has developed gradually over centuries
· Chicago, Illinois-a non-ocean coastal city that has experienced some unique challenges
Conduct research about your selected city using the internet and other sources.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that explains how the selected city has effectively coped with sustainable planning and development challenges. Answer the following questions:
· What sustainable planning and development challenges has the city faced? Consider at least two challenges-one must be related to natural water flow-and explain why each challenge is important to the well being of the environment and the urban population.
· What sustainable practices have been effectively employed to address the identified challenges? How were these practices implemented? Consider, for example, physical, economic, political, social, and scientific aspects of such practices.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.