Esay Assignment: Comparing Political Authorities
In this paper you will choose two of our case countries (U.K., Germany, Russia, China, Nigeria, Iran, Brazil). Using the horizontal distribution of authority, compare the countries' political systems. How separated or concentrated is authority distributed? What kind of system is it (presidential or parliamentary)? What kind of party system is there? Once you have presented the general facts regarding your cases, you will choose a specific aspect of the political system and compare the two countries. Do you believe each country has a distribution of authority which makes sense for that country? Why or why not? What are the process values in your cases like, can most citizens play an active role in politics or is the political realm controlled by elites?
The paper should answer the following questions:
- How do the political arrangements in your countries contribute or detract from the level of democracy?
- What specific criteria have you chosen to compare the countries? Why?
- Are your cases presidential or parliamentary? What kinds of party systems do they have?
- Given the distribution of authority in these countries, what is the impact on citizens? How are citizens able to impact the political process?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.