Discussion Post I: Experimental psychology
• Does the presence of a significant interaction change the interpretation of significant main effects? Provide one example to support your answer. (Be sure to include a minimum of two independent variables). (At least 150 words)
• Describe how you would use a posttest-only nonequivalent control group design to test the effectiveness of a new reading program (compared to the current reading program) for teaching reading to elementary school children.(At least 150 words)
• When an observer is confronted with a complex situation, it can be impossible to observe many different individuals and record many different behaviors simultaneously. Give a detailed example (who, what and where) of a complex situation that would be of interest to you as a psychologist. What type of sampling observation (time, event, or individual) would you use to record your observations and why?(At least 150 words)
Discussion Post II: Nutrition
• Diet supplementation is over a $133 billion industry. Pick a dietary supplement currently on the market.
• What claims does it make? How does it claim to work? What research was performed of this supplement?
• The demographics of the United States is constantly evolving. Access the US Demographic Data and choose a state to analyze. How do the various age populations compare to the national average? What sort of health resources should be available for the populations in highest demand?
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.