Assignment: Introduction To Health Education
Formulating a Career Plan
Knowing which career you want to pursue is an important first step to tackling your job search and career goals. Identifying an ideal position is a great first step. However, to achieve success, you must also identify the specific action steps you need to take in order to obtain these goals. Whether your long-term plans include health education or another discipline is not an issue. It is important to see what your goals are as well as what steps you have taken and plan to take in order to achieve those goals. Earning a degree is great; however, if you do not have a plan for the steps following graduation, your hard work may not produce results as soon as you would like. That is the goal of this discussion - how can we work toghether to help you succeed!
• Identify your long-term goals.
o Where would you like to be one to five years from now?
o What is the industry and role you would like to pursue for your career?
• Explore the skills and qualifications related to this type of role.
o What qualifications do you already possess for this role??
o What new skills, knowledge, certifications, or trainings do you need?
o Identify the action steps you will need to take to successfully pursue this position. Be sure to set reasonable deadlines for these action steps.
• Reflect on your resources.
o What barriers do you need to overcome to be successful?
o Are there individuals in your personal or professional network who can help you?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.