Case Study Assignment: The Critical Need for Information Security
1. M.Bernier. 2011. An overview of cyber-attack and computer network operations simulation. Proceedings from MMS '11: Military Modeling & Simulation Symposium. Found at the ACM Digital Library.
D. Maughan. 2010. The need for a national cybersecurity research and development agenda. Communications of the ACM, 53(2). pp 29-31. Found at the ACM Digital Library.
Write a four to five page paper in which you:
1. Identify at least three benefits or key knowledge points that could be derived from using cyber-attack simulator systems and research, and suggest how this insight could assist in defining the needs for security within an organization.
2. Analyze and determine which sector, public or private, has greater insight on the potential of cyberattacks. Justify your answer by citing at least three examples.
3. Suggest at least four best practices that should be implemented when developing a cybersecurity strategy within a security enterprise. Then, evaluate the required roles and functions of Information Technology (IT) personnel that would be required to sustain these best practices.
4. Describe the role of planning when developing a cybersecurity strategy and what key deliverables would ensure an effective implementation and transition.
5. Suggest how public-private partnerships can strengthen cybersecurity efforts and effectiveness in a:
6. a. Corporate environment
b. Regional level
c. National level
6. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Evaluate the ethical concerns inherent in cybersecurity and how these concerns affect organizational policies.
• Describe the corollary roles of security in an enterprise.
• Describe best practices in cybersecurity.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybersecurity.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics associated with cybersecurity using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
1. The need for a national Cybersecurity research and Development Agenda by Douglas Maughan.
2. An Overview of Cyber Attack and Computer Network Operations Simulation by Sylvain P. Leblanc, Andrew Partington, Ian Chapman and Mélanie Bernier.