Photography is EVERYTHING in your fashion branding.
1) focus 1st on your Lookbook / Lifestyle shots. Showing your model as he/she would be wearing it the real world. Setting the tone for your brand. Making customers "see themselves" in your lookbooks. Capturing the lifestyle of your customer. This is your HOOK to get anybody to look for more.
2) Catalog and Product photography is next. Clear basic photos of your products, front, back, side, etc. Simple backgrounds.
3) Continue re-styling and reshooting your pieces on different people. This will give contact new appeal to new customers.
Branding - Branding is the "total package" of your brand. It's the fonts and colors you use on your website, the style of your hangtags and packaging, the "tone and feel" of your lookbooks and photography. It's everything that surrounds your product to help "tell the story" of your product/collection.
• Who is your customer and what are their values?
• What are your brand values? What does your brand stand for?
• What is the mission / purpose behind your brand?
• What makes your product different or stand out? Define your USP - Unique Selling Proposition
• What is the overall tone / personality of your brand / specific aesthetics of your brand?
Influencers / Bloggers / Press Media / Celebrities -
• Third Party Content gives credibility to your brand. When influential people and media are talking about your brand and photographing your brand, it gives credibility to brand to your audience. Grows your audience, spreads the word of your brand.
• Influencers can be categorized as:
o Micro-Influencers (has a smaller but still powerful niche audience).
o Brand Builders - Use them to raise awareness of your brand, not necessarily to sell.
o Super Influencers (major celebrities, huge audiences, it costs a LOT OF MONEY to work with these people).
o Converters - they convert their posts about you directly into sales.
UGC = User Generated Content -
• When your customers (not necessarily famous influencers) write reviews on your product, take photos of your product and publish to their social sites.
• Further establishes credibility when ANYONE OTHER THAN YOU can be telling the world how great you are.
Your Sustainability Plan
Add 1-2 pages to your final presentation Power Point that outlines your sustainability plan. In what ways can your brand employ sustainable business practices to lesson harm on the environment and ensure safe working conditions and fair payment for the garment workers creating your products.
In one paragraph, explain the problem (environmental and/or labor exploitation) that you are seeking to address. Provide 1-2 examples of the problem, photos and site your research.
In the next 1-2 paragraphs, explain how you will address that problem through your brand, and/or how will you not partake in contributing to the problem through the production of your brand.
What commitments can you make with your brand to continue to improve the situation you outlined.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.