Assignment: Family Therapy Course
Put the question or section name above each paragraph
You will imagine that you are presenting the various postmodern approaches (Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing) to a group of new interns at your clinical placement site. They have a basic understanding of postmodern approaches, but have never been given exposure to postmodern models as used to treat addiction. Your goal will be to help expand their understanding of the possibility of using these models in their work with clients who present with addiction as either a primary or secondary concern. Please create a PowerPoint.
Be sure to address the following five themes:
• How does each approach (SFT, NT, MI) intend to address issues of addiction within a family system?
• What are the variety of interventions each approach has used to help clients with addiction make changes in their lives?
• What is the role of "abstinence" in each approach?
• What is the role of the therapist when using the postmodern approaches in addiction treatment and how does it differ from traditional models?
• What are the possible drawbacks of using these approaches in addiction treatment?
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 8 slides
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.