Review the information from the resources below, and answer the associated questions.
Part I: Cyberterrorism
Click the link below to view Segment 2 ("Cyber-Terrorism") of Cybercrime: World Wide War 3.0 in CSU's Films on Demand database.
Ways Press International (Producer). (2008). Cybercrime: World Wide War 3.0 [Video file].
Note: The transcript for the aforementioned video segment is available to view and print by clicking on the "Show Transcript" tab on the right side of the video page.
After watching the video, address the questions below:
- What is cyberterrorism?
- What is the purpose of cyberterrorism?
- What are the advantages of cyberterrorism?
Part II: Federal Networks
Click the link below to review the following resource.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security. (n.d.). Securing federal networks.
After reviewing the resource, address the following issues:
- Describe the purpose of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to secure federal networks.
- What is the mission of the National Cyber Security Protection System (NCPS), and what capabilities does it provide to protect the federal government from a cyberterrorism attack?
- What is the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program, who does it benefit, and what capabilities does the program provide?
- What is the purpose of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)?
Your assignment must be a minimum of three pages in length. Submit Part I and Part II in one document, but make certain to use headings to identify each part. You are required to use at least one outside source other than the textbook. All sources used, including the textbook and associated web links, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations. All sources must be cited in APA format on a separate reference page. The reference page does not count toward meeting the minimum page requirement.