This assignment continues the work started in Unit 4 IP for your Key Assignment. You will add to the paper from Unit 4 IP with the new information requested by the Board of Directors. Recall the scenario from Unit 4:
Established in 1987, ABC Community Hospital not-for-profit is an acute care hospital located in an east coast Metropolitan area. With a staff of nearly 200 physicians and specialists, 800 employees and 100 volunteers, they offer a full range of healthcare services. They are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The hospital has been profitable for the last 5 years with a profit margin of 3-4%. The mission of ABC Community Hospital is to provide accessible and comprehensive healthcare services in a convenient and cost-effective manner to the people who live in our community.
At the last Board meeting, hospital administration and the Board of Directors began to discuss a proposal to build a new wing devoted to a Cancer Center and ancillary services devoted to the treatment of cancer. The new wing would have 30 acute care beds, four surgical operating rooms, intensive care unit and extensive support services, including physical therapy and hospice care. All patient rooms would be private. There is no Cancer Centers within a 200 mile radius of the hospital service area.
Now, the Board of Directors has come back with more questions that they want you to add to the original plan with 2-3 pages of new content:
• Compare and contrast the kinds of decisions that are made in the Cancer Center capital investment decision analysis for ABC Community Hospital.
• What information is needed by the CFO to evaluate the Cancer Center capital investment project? Use the classification of capital expenditures and justification of capital expenditures for this project, and include working capital management.
• Who, internally from the healthcare system and externally, should be involved in the capital investment decision process to determine the feasibility of the Cancer Center?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.