Assignment: RIsk Management Case Study
After reading the Quality Assurance Manager's report, Senior Management asked the following questions:
1. What does PMI recommend about Risk Management Planning, Monitoring Risk, and Controlling Risk?
2. Explain why a project manager or any stakeholder should not view risk planning for projects as a negative activity?
3. Did the organization follow due diligence regarding the creation of a risk management plan, assess all major risks, and developing appropriate risk responses and a plan for monitoring and controlling risks? Explain your rationale. Should this risk event in this case been identified in the beginning? Why or why not?
4. What are some contingency plans or actions that could have been taken to limit the impact of this possible risk event and other such related events such as a key team member leaving for any reason?
5. What would be your recommendations for such projects in the future based upon this case?
Management is upset that there is an occurrence of a major risk that could affect the project is a large fashion. Your job is to prepare a 5 to 8 minute presentation, using PowerPoint Presentation with your recorded voice that which addresses the five questions posed by Senior Management and reflects your research and thorough analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of the case. You will need to set the voice playback (sound) and the slide transitions to automatic in PowerPoint. You may wish to convert the presentation to a MP4 video.
The presentation is due this week. Submit either the PowerPoint presentation with automatic slide transitions and sound playback, or the converted video. (This is an individual assignment.)
You will perform your Peer Reviews. Canvas will automatically assign you two other students' video or PowerPoint Presentation. You will complete the peer reviews.
Reminder: You should use at least two scholarly resources to validate your presentation and present all resources in a slide or frame near the end of your presentation. This listing should be in APA format.
Signature Assignment Summary:
The case study will involve a process-orientated assignment consisting of reviewing the case, analyzing the data provided in the case and transforming the issues into a practical solution (Processes). The data presented in the case will be collected, analyzed and synthesized. (Data). After analyzing and synthesizing the data, the student will use a Microphone to create narration for a slide presentation via PowerPoint with automatic transitions, Movie Maker, PowerPoint Video Tool, or other such presentation/video tools available to the student. Either the PowerPoint or resulting MP4 video will be embedded to a discussion thread for asynchronous discussion activity (Devices). Finally, a peer review of this activity will be performed following the submission of the presentation, providing an integral network of outsiders analyzing and evaluating the solution provided (People).
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.