Discussion Post: Best And Worst Wedding Customs
After reviewing the PowerPoint and chapter readings, consider the many customs that are involved in social events. Let's focus on weddings for this one, keeping in mind there are many types of weddings that incorporate different customs (i.e. customs for a Jewish wedding are different than those for an Indian wedding).
• Name the type of wedding you are using for the basis of answering this prompt.
• Name at least 6 customs that apply to this type of wedding.
• What do you think is the "best" (or creative, genuine, nice etc)? Why?
• Which do you think is the "worst" (or least creative, least favorable, least relevant etc)? Why?
• Name a wedding custom that you feel might start to come into play in the coming year or years. Do you think it's a good or bad thing?
When responding, keep in mind we might have married people in the class that used your "worst" custom at their own wedding. While you can and should provide your opinion, be sure to remain professional in doing so.
The response should include a reference list. Double-space, using Times New Roman 12 pnt font, one-inch margins, and APA style of writing and citations.