Assignment: Medication Paper
Consider one of your clients who is currently taking a psychotropic medication (or more than one). If you do not already know, find out what the medication is, its dosage, how long the client has been taking it, and what your client's thoughts are about taking the medication. If you are not working with a client who is taking medication, you can develop a hypothetical client for the purpose of this assignment; you will need to provide a brief description of the client (including demographics and presenting issues or symptoms). Consider the following points:
· What were your client's symptoms before he or she started taking the medication?
· What changes has he or she noticed since beginning the medication? This would include both a lessening of symptoms and/or any side effects.
· Has he or she had any difficulty taking the medication as prescribed?
Next, research this medication using your text, suggested readings, or other resources you may find. Answer the following questions:
· What are the indications and contraindications for taking this medication?
· What are the common side effects?
· What are the consequences of abruptly stopping the medication once a person has been taking it?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.