Assignment: HIS Application Life Cycle
Despite its data-intensive nature, much of the global health care delivery community has yet to convert to fully digital HIS Applications for managing information. Significant challenges exist across the entire delivery continuum for converting to HIS Applications, not the least of which is having a process. Software initiatives involving the development of a complex system such as an HIS Application are best constructed within the framework of a system life cycle.
Explore the Internet for information on software initiatives and system life cycles, as can be found at the given Web sites.
And, research some of the roles and skill sets that are useful to an HIS Application process.
Consider the cycle of selecting an HIS Application including the selection process itself, implementation and training, and maintenance. Choose two of the following questions to answer for this discussion:
• What are the roadblocks that hinder HIS Application adoption?
• What are the various types of personnel that are required within each stage of the life cycle? Assess the skill sets and roles that are required to bring value to an HIS Application development project.
• Why is input from members representing the clinical, technical, financial, and management layers of the organization essential to the process for upgrading or migrating to a new system? Which group do you consider to be most responsible for blocking an HIS Application implementation (i.e., the physicians, nurses, IT team, management)? Why?
• Why should there be an ongoing examination of an HIS Application versus moving to other applications that are newly developed or marketed?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.