Assignment: Drug Use And Abuse
The use of methamphetamine has received a great deal of attention from the media and law enforcement in recent years. The probation office is looking to identify some avenues for addressing and treating people who have an addiction to methamphetamine. You have been asked to research some of the major issues related to the abuse of methamphetamine and produce recommendations for methods of treating individuals who have this problem.
Each group member should write a paper of 650-750 words that addresses the following:
• Select 3 of the following treatment modalities to analyze in your paper with regard to methamphetamine addiction:
o Cognitive-behavioral therapy
o Group therapy
o Matrix model
• Answer the following questions:
o How is methamphetamine usually produced, transported, and sold? Explain.
o What immediate effects does methamphetamine have on the body?
o What are the long-term effects of methamphetamine use on one's health? Explain.
o What are the demographics of methamphetamine usage? Why?
o What are obstacles and challenges in providing treatment to people who are addicted to methamphetamine?
o Describe and discuss the 3 Are the various approaches to the treatment of methamphetamine addiction you selected from the above list. Which approach has been shown to be most effective? Provide supportive evidence from the professional literature.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.