Assignment: Article Summary
From the list of assigned readings included in this course, or another article of your choice from the Harvard Business Review, choose an article that deals with one or more of the elements of marketing strategy (product, price, place, promotion; or, if services related, people, process, and physical evidence) and summarize the article, addressing the following questions:
1. Why is the author writing about the subject?
2. What is the thesis of the article?
3. What are the key points/facts presented in the article?
4. What are the conclusions and recommendations?
5. Explain how the information in the article can inform marketing strategy. That is, how is the information presented important to a marketer in designing a marketing strategy?
6. Critique the article: Is the article useful? Why or how? Is the article well-written and easy to understand? What is your assessment of the article? Would you recommend it to others? Why?
NOTE: Use terminology from the glossary in Marketing: An Enterprise View when writing your article summary.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.