Synopsis of Service-Oriented Organizations
The major assignment for this course is a service project to be completed in a community-based setting. In this assignment you will evaluate three local service-oriented organizations.
Write a synopsis for each of the three service-oriented organizations you reviewed. Your responses should be written in form rather than as a list of questions and answers. Each synopsis should be between 150-200-words long. Include the following:
1. A brief history of the organization.
2. The mission and purpose of the organization.
3. The services the organization offers and who is eligible to receive those services.
4. Volunteer opportunities available at this organization.
5. How many people the organization served in the last calendar year.
6. Annual revenue and where the revenue comes from.
7. Annual expenditures.
8. Describe how the organization demonstrates its faith-based philosophy.