Assignment: Social Media And Privacy Issues
Social networks afford individuals the venue and technology to connect with many " friends", both known and unknown. An individual's activities on social networks can have security implications, especially if they adversely affect the corporate reputations of their employers. This practice is more obvious on professional social network sites that identify the employee's employer, such as LinkedIn.
Imagine that you are a CIO of a company. As the CIO, the security and privacy of your organization is one of your primary concerns. It is your responsibility to review the risks and vulnerabilities of social media to your company and provide your employees with guidelines on how to interact with social networking sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, when representing your company.
Write a four to five page guidelines for accessing Web 2.0 sites that:
1. Select and describe three social networking sites you are presenting in the context of cloud computing.
2. Examine the risks and vulnerabilities to your employer associated with the social networking sites that you have selected.
3. Summarize the mitigating strategies you would recommend to your CEO that affirm the organization's privacy and security practice among social network sites.
4. Suggest three ways that your social network policy can protect your employer against:
5. identity theft
7. abusive marketing
8. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. At least one must be from a professional journal in the IT field.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.