Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center. Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment : Blogging for a Benefit
This assignment contains two sections: Section 1 Creative Paper and Section 2 Blog. You will use the Assignment 1 template, located here, to complete this assignment and submit it to the online course shell in Blackboard.
Section 1: Creative Paper
Create a two to three page creative paper in which you:
1. Select one product or service that you would like to write a Blog about. Next, specify the Blog's main target market information (i.e., demographic information, psychographic information, and the need that the Blog will address for the target market).
2. Specify the main purpose of the Blog, and predict the main influence of the Blog on the marketing strategy for that company or organization that provides the selected product or service.
3. Develop a mechanism (e.g., providing a communication avenue back to the blogger, asking questions relevant of the subject matter and the target market, etc. ) geared toward to encouraging interaction from the target market. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Apply social media marketing skills and be creative with the formatting (e.g., font color, size, layout, etc.) Note: The template is located in Week 4. Feel free to use your creativity to change the formatting but make sure the font size is not larger than 18.
Section 2: Blog (with a catchy title)
Refer to the Blog example provided in the Assignment 1 template and create a one to two page Blog in which you:
5. Determine the passion for the target market's need related to the selected product.
6. Specify the Blog's main benefits that will satisfy the target market's need.
7. Apply social media marketing skills and be creative with the layout, formatting, and overall design of the Blog. Note: You may refer to Microsoft Word blog template or other similar programs.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Assess the steps of finding the target audience in order to improve business strategies and audience interaction online.
• Analyze the main purposes of publishing blogs in the marketing media lineup.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in social media marketing.
• Write clearly and concisely about social media marketing using proper writing mechanics.