1. Due to expanding technological advancements and computer systems, there is an increase in legal, privacy, and ethical issues related to analytics and implementation.
Please discuss the issues of:
- software piracy
- the use of corporate computers for non-work related purposes
- electronic surveillance.
- After discussing the three issues individually, compare them and identify similarities between them.
2. Now that you have had a chance to research your industry and learn about a real company through an informational interview with a professional in your field, it's time to share what you've learned!
Create a discussion post to share the following observations or experiences you've had while exploring:
- Which methods of industry research (networking, online research, informational interviews, etc.) did you use while exploring?
- With what research strategy did you have the most success? The least success? Why do you think the strategy you had the most success with was so effective?
- Why is industry/employer research important? What did you gain or learn from your research?
- Why is effective professional communication important when conducting industry research?